Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Eternal View

I was reading a book that was trying to explain how if we travel at the speed of light time is reduced to the eternal moment. This stuff is way over my head at this time. (I guess I need to speed up!) Anyway, we know that God lives in eternity, or timelessness, the eternal moment. Which brings up this question. If God from his perspective sees the end as well as there beginning, why don't we ask for his leading? Are we confident that God knows what he's doing and how to get it done? If we are, then it's a question of why don't we see that anything else is futile?

We must agree that if we know the outcome of any event, we have a huge advantage over the people who don't have this information. Like a tape of some horse race that ran last week. It is obvious foreknowledge is worth a great deal. This forknowledge is available to us through the Holy Spirit, God in us. He also knows the end from the beginning, being God. In whatever situation we find ourselves, at any time or place, God has already seen it and has provided for his plan for his purpose.

Jesus gave the admonishion to "follow me", I believe the Spirit also says, "follow me". The ways of God are consistent. It appears to me that the best work we can apply ourselves to is to learn the voice, and the urging of the Spirit. We are severely handicaped with out the skill to dissern the work and word of the Spirit. I would venture to say, we could do excedingly great and marvious things, if we will take the time and effort to lean on the Spirit.

The down side is if we won't "follow me", the Spirit, just like Jesus, will go and find someone else who will. The harlots, and sinners, and the heathen, will enter before the righteous. Just like in the walk of Jesus, he didn't strive with the blind guides to the blind. He left them, and went "his way". The Spirit also, will leave, and go "his way". We will not convince God to do it our way, it will be "his way", or no way. Yes, you will be saved, but you will lose your reward.

There is a lot of talk on "what is good preaching". I will have my say. Good preaching is when a man of God opens his mouth and says "Father, and the whole place is filled with the glory of the Lord, and the people are slain under His power. And the people are weeping for mercy, or shouting for joy. And the Lord is worshiped, and the awe of the Lord fills the hearts". That's good preaching!

4 Comments:

Blogger Callmeteem said...

May God speak through His anointed preachers. And may our hearts be open to hear when those preachers preach.

11:06 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thank you Callmeteem. I may have overstated, but the word should be preached in power, not just good english.
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:12 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Pete,
You are blessed brother. I could feel the power of the Holy Spirit as I read over this entry.I can only imagine the Lord has been and continues to work through you in magnificent ways. God Bless you.

12:31 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Karen,
Thank you, may the Lord be glorified, and his goodness and mercy follow us as we follow Him.
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home