Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Who Do You Think You Are

In the 1980's, while an evangelist living in california, I was on my way to oregon for a pastor's convention, the organization that ordained me. As I was driving, the Lord spoke to me saying; you are not who you think you are. Now by that time I was used to the Lord speaking to me. This time was different in that I recognized this in my mind, it was not my thought, but a clear thought in my mind that I was not the author of, I didn't hear it in my ear as a sound. For convention's sake I am addressing this to all as if you were all christian, the poles say I'll be right the majority of the time. Those who are otherwise persuaded are welcome to weigh the report and of course make their own decisions. I do believe that there will be something new or a different slant to many.

This gift of the mind is referred to in scripture by Paul as; the mind of Christ. At that time I had no idea of this ability of the Lord to speak and to author ideas in my mind. So, as I traveled I replied ( in my mind, that was the way he started), okay, who am I? The next reply was; you are who I said you are. I knew that he was referring to the scriptures. Then for the next hour or so he brought up the description he had of me as recorded in the New Testament. The church at large has no idea of who they are, as I also had no idea. To this day I don't fully understand, for instance; how can I be the body of Christ, flesh of his flesh, and bone of his bone. How can I be the temple of the Holy Ghost, or risen with Christ and seated with him in the Heavens. I am a new creature, whose citizenship is in heaven, I'm born from above. These things are the truth of God, yet to have the revelation of them in me is not manifest. So we accept them as truth, and by faith hold to them, awaiting the revealing. It is the work of God, as he said, we are one!? Wow

Needless to say I started viewing myself in a new light, where once I saw myself as in need in different areas, I saw myself as sufficient for any task. Instead of in need, I am the supplier. I now have knowledge working for me, and by my faith I accept the promises that are unseen and work in cooperation with God to manifest them to the benifit of man.
I don't know of a man that has recieved all the Lord has provided for him in Christ, such a man would be a likeness of Jesus, and that promise is for everyone of his people. In the meantime we have hope in God that, He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion.

This then is the starting point, no matter who you are, your thinking yourself in one light or the other is going to define the things that you say and do. Either for good or bad, right or wrong, for better or for worse, you will behave according to your beliefs about yourself.
As a present example consider this post from; Title: Freedom's Messiah,
The American Thinker: "Cardinal Manning once famously said, all conflict is at its base theological. " The Wisdom of his observation is proven time and again. Simply put; it is what you believe; your starting point, what you put your faith in, that determines your behavior.


If we agree or disagree on the point, or essence of the article it is evident that the reality is ,who do you think you are, is the biggest part of who you will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home