Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Friday, March 11, 2005

More than Before

In my previous posts I have upset a lot of religious ideas. I evangelized without a covering (church). I prayed for the sick, and they recovered. I've taken authority over devils, and they fled. I started my own church, because no church would recieve the help from the Lord. I've decided to relate one more story to make a clean sweep of the rest of the ideas of religion.

When I was an evangelist in Califorina, I was staying at a pastors home. I had ministered in his church in Medesto on several occasions. At this time I was looking into buying a motorhome. That way I could save on expenses. I could have meals, bed, and a place to be alone. In this way I wouldn't be any burden to anyone. And would be able to go to small, or remote churchs.

So he and I went to see some dealers that he knew. There is a wide variety of layouts and sizes. From the very plush to the bare necessities. There were a couple that I was interested in that would fill all my needs. We talked to the sales-person and came to a good price for a couple that I especially liked. As we got into the details we ran into a snag. As an evangelist I had no address. That in itself was not the problem. The problem was that it would require a large amount of down payment to work the deal. To large of an amount! I didn't have that much money!

We went back to the pastors home. While talking to him, he was a good friend and brother in Christ, I made a decision. The money I had was not enough, and was doing me no good. So I gave his church a check for 1200 dollars. That was all the money I had except for $50. He tried to change my mind, as a friend. But I insisted that I'd rather give it to the Lord, than have it serve no purpose. He accepted.

When I had ministered in his church the people were always generous and took "love offerings". On this trip I was not ministering, but resting. Before the week was over, I had 5 different people search me out and place in my hand a check for 1,000 dollars!! I was overwhelmed. The Lord knows I gave to honor Him. And He honored me with a show of love that translated into the abundance of His blessing!

When people ask me what I think of tithing I am reminded of this abundance of the Lord. There is no better financial advisor than God! If you ever give any money to anyone other than God, and His work, you are cheating yourself of His rich reward. He will prosper you, if He knows you will honor Him. That is the last of the sacred idols that I can think of at this time. We have this; Christ redeemed us from the curse. "He became poor, so that through His poverty, we might become rich".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home