Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Monday, February 28, 2005

The Believers Authority

This a very large topic, I want to limit this post to the Authority over sickness, and all manner of infirmity of the flesh. Also against the spirits of evil. First we have to establish the truth of this claim. "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, THAT HE MIGHT DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL". I John 3:8.

As Jesus ministred he taught the Kingdom of God, and healed, and delivered the people from tormenting spirits. This was part of the Kingdom of God. On one occasion John the Baptist sent disciples to Jesus to ask if he was the one to come, or should they look for another. Jesus's response was to observe the works that he did, the blind see, the lame walk, and those in bondage are set free. In this we see that ACTS as will as teaching accompany the Kingdom of God.

Two acts specifically are enumerated; healing, and deliverance from the oppression of devils. This is a part of the DESTRUCTION OF THE DEVIL'S WORK. To heal is to destroy the work of the devil. Jesus healed all the people that came to him, of all manner of sickness.I have heard some of the most stupid remarks about sickness and diseases. Some are so foolish as to think God has a use for sickness. God's only use for it is to destroy sickness. I've heard others say God is teaching them something. Let me be REAL CLEAR, GOD INSTRUCTS BY HIS WORD. Not by some devil or sickness.

I know that these arguments are popular in a lot of churchs, but popular is not truth. The majority is not the rule, God's word is the rule. God is able to get glory from "the stones". He is able to use all evil for good, that doesn't mean he needs evil. That is a testimony of His wisdom.

As with all the ways of the Lord's provision for us, this is also by faith. The same faith that saves also heals, and delivers. The Lord works in knowledge, not ignorance, we have to grasp the reality of this provision of God. In our hearts, and in our soul. We by faith accept that the Lord has purchased healing, and deliverance from oppression of the devil. Not a blind faith, but a faith of promises,and truth seen in the Word of God. A faith that confesses we have been healed, saved, and delivered by the cross of Jesus and our benefits because of His work. Listen as He cry's "it is finished". The WORKS OF THE DEVIL ARE DESTROYED. We overcome by the blood of the lamb, and the word of our testimony.

You have been given the name of Jesus, and His name has all authority. Of things in heaven, on the earth, and under the earth. Jesus said, in my name they shall cast out devils, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. The Lord will work with us to confirm His word. This is the Authority of the Believer.

Take up the sword of the Spirit, the word of God in the mouths and hearts of his body. Jesus said to the Phoenician women who asked for healing, this is the childrens bread, it is not right to cast it to the dogs. Did you hear! It's our BREAD, healing!We are partakers of the Bread of Freedom, and the Cup of Victory!

I must go on, I get a Holy Ghost anger in me when I hear and see that christians are sick and oppressed. I get angry at the devil, we are not to put up with the devil. We have been commissioned to drive him out. To take our Authority and remove him; and all manner of sickness from our midst. We have the name of Jesus, and the angels of heaven, and the power of the Spirit, and the desire of the Father. All these and a great crowd of witnesses are cheering us on, to enter the fight, to overcome the adversary. To stand in the gap for the victims, and to plead on there behalf. The Lord will win the battle!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Hi Pete! I just wanted to say how much I appreciated that powerful prayer you left on my blog. I've been so oppressed and depressed, but trusting the mighty power of God to deliver me. Thank you so much for caring enough to pray!
God bless you!!

Vicki
http://windowstomysoul.blogspot.com

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home