Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Sibling Rivalry

Every family has it. There's no getting around it. Well I'll admit it, I'm green with envy, I'm purple with jealousy. Why am I jealous? Am I envious of your churches, no. Or your degrees, no. How about the number of people that flock to you, no. Is it that you are honored by men, or have big houses, or the finest cars, no. These are nice things, and blessing from God. What then is my problem?

I am jealous of all the children who know God better than I. Has God shown you a vision? Then I am jealous. Have you been to heaven, or been shown a mystery of God? Then I am jealous. When you pray, does the Spirit move and the presence of the Lord come in power? Then I am jealous. Have you felt the power of the Fathers love, or the power to heal and deliver? Do you know His voice, and hold conversations with Him? Does He show you things to come? Then I am jealous.

You see, I want to steal His heart. I want His attention. I want to be the apple of His eye. The favorite son, the one to who He can visit, and talk and explain the mysterys of the universe. Or just to have me sit in His presence. To soak in His goodness and love. When He wants something done, or wants to speak to His people, I want to be His messenger. I want to be the boy He wants me to be. "Send me" is my hearts desire. What then shall I do? Will I throw up my hands in defeat, are there to many sons for Him to single me out? Not for a moment! I know a secret! I have found a way! I know how to stop God in His tracks, to have Him hear my voice above all the others!

I will worship Him! This is the secret, this will cause Him to stop all activity's, to hush the angel's, to take a brake in the meetings. I will worship Him! He will cancel His appointments, and leave His work, and will come to see and hear my cry for the heart of my Father. I will worship Him! He will answer me with His presence. He will fill my heart with goodness and His joy. I will worship Him! He will supply all my needs and show Himself strong on my behalf. And I will worship Him again!

So if you are ever in a service and the presence of the Lord comes, consider. Before you credit the preaching. Or the saintly people, or the beautiful music and wonderful choir. It may not be the number of people or their fine cloths. Look around and see, their may be a stranger in your midst. Or it may be one of your own number. One who also found my secret. Church be very aware. Their is a WORSHIPER THERE!!

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Loved the post Pete! Keep being who you are, a wonderful child of God who loves to worship Him!

GBYAY

9:08 PM  
Blogger rev-ed said...

Great, Pete! Isn't it funny how we want to have what others have, yet we sometimes neglect what we ourselves have already?

Blessings!

8:22 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thank you Brothers, I have found that the more I boast of the mercy and love, the more my Father abounds in love to me.
Be Blessed with His Presence,
Pete

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home