Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

What you Reject you Lose

There was a powerful truth brought out in church this morning by the pastor, Dr. Wingenroth. The text was Matthew 16:1-12. The Pharisees and Saducees asked Jesus for a sign from heaven to test him. He told them they were able to interpret the appearance of the sky. But couldn't interpret the signs of the times. He told them the only sign would be the sign of Jonah.

Jesus then left them and went away.

That is powerfull. What could be worse than having the Lord of Heaven and Earth walk away from you. To who would you turn? Who could help you then? That is a hopeless situation!

This was pastors point, the following are my thoughts in light of this passage.

If we don't allow Jesus to have his way, He will go somewhere else. He will not perform and jump through hoops! He doesn't have to answer to us. He didn't grant a special introduction. They weren't shown the mysteries of heaven. If we don't believe him, he will go to another! How sad it must have been to him. These were supposed to be the leaders of the people that God chose. They were the men that ministered unto God. The ones who were privileged to have the finest teachers. The ones that the common people looked for to judge there affairs.

They totally misunderstood the plan of God. They couldn't see the love of the Father, even though he had worked many miracles on behalf of the people. The blind to see, the lame to walk and the dead raised. They were looking for something else, and so Jesus left. Truly the saddest words in the whole of scripture. "Jesus then left them and went away".

Are we causing Jesus to leave? Before we say anything, consider they also had the word of God. The problem was they didn't understand what it meant. So they made there own standard. A tough standard, but not God's. The mind of men is no substitute for the revelation of God. The Word of God stood in there midst, to give them understanding. It was contary to them and they rejected him. The yeast of the Pharisees is still around. You don't think so? Okay, how about a test?

Do you ever say your weak? Have you ever said your catching a flu? What about, I can't, or I'm afraid? Do you say, I'm worried? Weak? "The Lord is the strength of my life"! Flu, "Himself took my infirmities, and bear my sicknesses"! I can't, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"! Fear, "God hath not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind"! Worry, "Casting all my cares upon him who careth for me"! You see by any of these statement we are contradicting God, and what he has said. Rejecting truth.

These are simple truths. Yet we see how easy it is to greive God by our rejecting his truth. There are weightier issues. The healing of the sick, the faith healers. God is the only one who is interested in healing the sick. Does anyone really think it's of the devil? The devil is a murderer, a liar, and a thief. There is no good in him. Jesus said if the devil casts out the devil, his house is divided, and cannot stand. I believe Jesus. He's the original and still only faith healer. He now uses his body (the church) to carry on his work. I don't care if he anoints Ronald McDonald to heal the sick. I'll pray and support Ronald!

The weightest issue of all is the Holy Spirit. The speaking in tongues has half the church divided. Listen to the scriptures, it's a gift of the Holy Spirit. If God has me bray like a donkey, or crow like a rooster, or scream like a wild bird, I don't care. I'll do it! The Lord is a rewarder of those who obey him. If it doesn't suit you, pray for God to change your mind! Because the alternative is, "Jesus left them, and went away".

The simple truth of the matter is you get the Jesus you preach. If you preach salvation, Jesus will honor his word and save. If you preach a saving, healing Jesus, he will surely save and heal. If you preach a saving, healing, baptising in the Holy Ghost and fire Jesus, he will accomplish that as well. If you preach that all things are possible with God, THEN JESUS WILL LIVE THERE!

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Good post Brian! What an awesome God we serve! Keep up th good work!
God bless you and yours!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home