Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Did you make a mistake?

Lord, did you make a mistake in saving me? I am greatful that you have given me the life in Christ. I well remember the taking away of my burden of sin and guilt. The infilling of your sweet spirit, and the consciousness of you presence. I was removed from the vain way of life without you and placed into your kingdom.

But, I have seen your power to heal and deliver and save. I have moved in your compassion to help those in any affliction. You word has been my source of motivation. And this I have found; I am not able to do your will in my own strength. You have taught me faith, and by this I hold to your word.

This I have learned; my enemies are to strong for me. My own desires and natural mind and the interests that I have are deceiving me. The things I have seen in you, and the wisdom that you have are far from a reality in me. Yet, I know that this is what you have called me to. To view all the wonders of your love and then to look at my own life is a disapointment to me. The good that I would do, I don't, and the evil that I don't like I keep doing. Lord, deliver me out of all my own ways. The strenght to do this is only in you. The things that plauge me are of my own making, and I in myself have not the power to change.

I long for the days of your glory in me and the life you have given me. The plans and the purposes that you have for me are my hope. Yet, I in my impatience run off ahead of you. In my own devices and thoughts to try to work out my life in the "arm of the flesh". By my own power and knowledge, to fail again. How useless is the wisdom of man. And the heights of his strenght is folly. The councel of man is foolishness, and his plans a waste. When will I learn to lean on God. To wait for His direction and timing. To follow his plans, and not my own.

This only I know; what the Lord does is eternal, and nothing can be added to it. Lord show me the way that you have chosen for me, open my eyes to see, and my ear to hear. Inspire and direct me with the joy of your presence. And let me bring you glory and pleasure in chosing to save me. Turn all my mistakes into good, and let me live out the life that you have for me with joy and hope and cause me to be faithful to finish my course.

8 Comments:

Blogger Callmeteem said...

Amen, amen. I pray in agreement with you.

2:02 PM  
Blogger John said...

Great post Pete! I am the same as Tim!

GBYAY

6:16 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thank you brothers Tim and John. This is a very vital issue to us, to seek the Lord's will, and act on that. His ways are right and good, but the "arm of flesh" will never take credit for there fulfillment.
Be Blessed,
Pete

7:56 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

as you know, dear brother, i struggle with that same flesh ... oh, how strong it is!

as my best friend says to me 'i nailed my flesh to the Cross today and it keeps getting off!'

oh wretched person i am ... i thank God through Christ

thanks for sharing your struggle.

in Him.

2:39 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Carolyn,
Thank you, I know we will see the Lord work it all out, as we follow him.
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:32 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Hey Pete! Loved your post....thanks for ministering to me.

11:03 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Vicki,
Glad to have you come by. Your always an encouragement to me.
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:24 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Donna,
Welcome to my site, and thank you for the kind words. I couldn't get to your site, maybe you could change your setting to allow visitors.
Be Blessed,
Pete

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home