Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

God is Involved

This is to set the record straight. When I was growing up we all went to church, every week, all year round. In all this time God was represented as a loving creator. The truth of the word, as they knew it, was preached. But the realities of any benifit of God was always; "in the here-after". Never was He expected to do or answer prayer for anything in this life, but for the here-after. This was my preception of the life with God; "for use in the future".

As any young man, I was alive now, and wanted to find joy in this life. I also wanted to have romance and love and a wife and family. Good employment, good home, and a happy life. Meaningful existence, plenty of friends, and the joys of being alive. Happy in my work, life, and family.

Since I wasn't taught that God was involved with any of this I persued all these in my own way. The interests that I had were my motivation. The method for there attainment was happenstance. There was no wisdom or understanding. The only requirement was that I thought this the best way to go in what-ever I was after. Whether a girlfriend, or a job, or a career. All of this effort, and all of my attainments, fell way short of my expectations. And all attempts ended in failure.

In short I wasted the first 30 years of my life. Then I found God. I was amazed at what I found. That God really intended to live with me "IN THIS LIFE". That He wanted to help me and direct me in all the areas of life. What a wonder! He would prosper me, He would bring me friends and loved ones. He would give me health and vitality. He would cause me to live in joy, and assurance, and peace, "NOW", not only in the sweet bye an bye. And if I made mistakes, He was with me to help straighten them out, and set me back on a sure course.

So now the record is right. If anyone wants a good life, with the things that have been provided by this loving God. Go directly to Him. Don't pass on the one who knows how it all is supposed to work. He alone knows what you need, what you want, and what you were made for. For this is the mystery that I have found. God cares, and "WANTS TO BE INVOLVED" with you in the life He has given you. He can take you to greater heights, to the best place, to where no-one but you can occupy. And you will Be Blessed!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, this was the message I needed to hear this evening. Not that I didn't already know it.

SCG

11:15 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

SCG,
Glad to be an encouragement to you. Thanks for stopping by.
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent point and testimony.

11:46 AM  
Blogger John said...

Excellent post! Excellent subject! Excellent encouragement! And not forgetting our excellent God!

GBYAY

5:43 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thanks Brad and John,
Your always great encouragement to me.
Be Blessed,
Pete

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is most assuredly involved! Where would we be if He wasn't!

9:43 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Gayla,
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I see from your site that the Lord is using your fellowship to share in His love and compassion. Thank you for your faithfulness and involvement.
Be Blessed,
Bryan

10:31 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hi Pete,

What a great post! Indeed, God desires to be involved in the day to day nitty gritty of living. It is so awesome to know that He desires to help nobodies like us find the way through this life and allow Him to work through us to accomplish His purposes. Just think, the God of the universe, who could create anything or anyone He wanted, already has, and He chooses to work through us. Wow. Thanks for making me stop and think about God's greatness this morning.

Sincerely,
Brooke

11:25 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Brooke,
Great to hear from you again. I'm glad you liked this post. I try to wait on the Lord for the right topic at the right time. It is indeed amazing that God choses to work throught us to bring about His will in the earth.
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:41 AM  
Blogger IMO said...

Amen Brother! This is very important for us to understand and express to others and not mistakenly put all of our focus on the here-after. One thing that I hate to hear from people is "I'm waiting for the rapture" or other things like that. God put us here to LIVE now--the Kingdom of God HERE and in the hereafter. No wonder most of us do not do well ministering to teenagers and 20's. The hereafter, the way they see it is way off. Jesus made it very clear that we have lots to do here and he is involved HERE and He has a purpose in us being here--opps, I'm on a ramble--sorry.

7:04 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Teresa,
I agree, and I like your rambles! When we speak from the heart, as you do, it's always an encouragement to the hearers.
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home