Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Balance

With out a doubt the greatest thing that can happen in life is to recieve Jesus!! This is the hope of the gospel. To come into a living fellowship of life with the creator. To share in His eternal life and goodness and love. A person can't know God apart from Jesus. All the discussion and arguements and questions are only answered in the love of God the Father through Jesus his Son by the Spirit of God.

Paul gave this instruction; we know God by the word and the Spirit. So here is a two part glue; the word and the mixing with the Spirit. This is the way we grow in the knowledge and love of God.

There has been to this point in the church history an imbalance in this growth. The majority of growth has been by diligent study of the word. This is good, and the Spirit of God enlightens us as we search the word. We have gained great knowledge in our minds of the word. Not all study is profitable, as some try to use the word for their own purpose, or to prove things that it doesn't give a clear answer on. But for the most part we have benifited.

The gape of growth in the Spirit is large. We have not kept pace with the growth in the Spirit. This is the experiences of the manifestations of the presence of God. Both with-in us, and to those we minister. Wheather in the work place, or in social settings, or as we happen to come in contact with people who are not believers. We are always the ambassadors of the kingdom of God. As such we should be equipped daily with fresh oil, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

This lack of spiritual growth is evident in the lack of support and ferver for prayer. The place of pray is where we come into the presence of God for equipping and the joy of knowing God. Prayer is misunderstood. To understand prayer as a communication between us and God, is a truth we know in our minds. We also need to know it as fact. By prayer we can know this. I suppose that there are many books on prayer, and examples of others who had a practice or method for praying. We can only be ourselves, and what worked for them is not always going to benifit us.

For myself I find the fellowship of God by praying in the spirit (tongues). The life of God in me is refreshed and I am concious of His presence with-in me. I've started my life of prayer with talking and rejoicing in the Lord. Waiting in worship upon Him as the goodness of the Lord has filled my soul. To this day I would rather worship the Lord and stand in His presence than hear the greatest preacher in the world.

This is the place the church needs to come to. Where the whole church comes to minister to the Lord. So no matter which way will work for you, find a way. Either weeping, or joy, or tears, or petitions, quoting the word, reading prayers. In all ways and at all times to be concious of His presence with you is the goal for the church, and for all believers. To be as Mary and just sit at His feet. And take in His love and grace. Not to ask for something, but to rejoice in Him alone. To spend our time with Him, and be changed by the Spirit.

Friends, let me make this a clear as I can. I love the word of God. I'm instructed by it, and taught how to live by it. The wisdom of God is revealed in it. All the counsel of His word is good and right. By the word I learn the will and ways of God. But, the Spirit of God takes this word and works it in me. He take the words and enlarges the meanings. He causes this word to be alive in me, and I become a partaker of the word. The word is life, and the Spirit brings it alive in me, and I am changed into His image. I have been given many manifestations of His power and love, and am enlarged by them. I would like all believer to know by experience the personal work of the Father through His Spirit. That we all come to the true knowledge of the love and power of God working through the finished work of Jesus.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Bryan! Very well said - and very true.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do all the 'spam' comments get posted??? What a pain, Bryan. Sorry this is happening.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:00 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Gayla,
Tech-knowledge, what a wonder!
Thanks for your comments. We serve a awesome loving Father.
Be Blessed,
Bryan

9:16 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

You said: "To this day I would rather worship the Lord and stand in His presence than hear the greatest preacher in the world" - I couldn't agree more - spending time with him & developing a relationship is so rewarding - refreshes me so that I can then go and share Jesus with others...

5:50 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Jeannie,
That's the ticket; we get our enthusiasm in His presence.
Be Blessed,
Bryan

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bryan, breaking from Spiritual matters for a moment, go read my blog today (all the way to the end) :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Gayla,
Sure, but it will be after this weekend.
Be Blessed,
Bryan

10:26 AM  
Blogger IMO said...

Yeah Bryan! Thanks! Knowledge sometimes can be poison when we take the HOly Spirit and our experiences with Him, just sitting with Him out of the equation. We should not just be seekers of knowledge and I'm with you--there is a quote I heard (I don't remember who said it) "I like the quiet of the church before the service begins, more than the preaching". Thanks for another great post.

3:41 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Teresa,
Thanks for your comments. I know we are after the fulness of God in our lives. The only way to live.
Be Blessed,
Bryan

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://njiluqic.com/ijyh/cvaq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dcvlejog.com/tjon/stha.html]Cool site[/url]

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home