Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Advantage of the Church Age

Jesus said before his crucifion:
"But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. John 16:7 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth...He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you." John 16:14,15
"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them." John 17:25
Imagine with me for a moment, if we could be one of the disciples. Whenever there was a situation we didn't understand we would go to Jesus and ask, "What does this mean". In our daily life we would be amazed at the grace wisdom and goodness manifest in this man Jesus. Our eyes would be filled with wonders that the world had never seen. Our ears would hear words expressing thoughts that were beyond the minds of natural man. We would see authority with power to heal, deliver, and set free. The lame to walk the blind to see and the dead raised to life.

By this time we would know his voice, know his nature, see his love and be overwhelmed by the acts, even the elements are subject to him. Truly we would know that we are in the presence of God. Yet Jesus says; "it's good that I go away." What could be better? That he desires to live IN US! In his body the glory of the Son was veiled by the flesh. The eternal God the Son in the earth suit of man. Three disciples saw his glory on the mount of transfiguration, and were awed by him.

This same Jesus now resides in his people, with the same nature and wisdom and power. This is the result of the new birth into God. As Paul said; "in Him we live and have our being". There is a fellowship in spirit with the Lord. In this manner it is better for us. We are partakers of his very life. He is always with us to instruct, to comfort, to teach and share his joy.

In my opinion the first thing we should concern ourselves with is to develope a intimate relation with the Lord. In every way and in all prayers, to be sensitive to the Spirit. Jesus first work was to seperate himself unto God, with prayer and fasting. We need to do the same, to seperate ourselve unto God, to learn his voice, to learn his leading, to find his wisdom, and to be quick to obey. I'm sure that this is available for us, as to think that we can't know God with this intimateness would not be better. But Jesus said it was, so then he wants us to persue him in this. We should do what ever it takes to discover this personal God who lives in us. To grow in the knowledge of him, and the exceding greatness of his love. This was Paul's prayer for those to whom he had brought the gospel of Christ.

12 Comments:

Blogger Callmeteem said...

Amen brother--this is my desire to grow in my knowledge of Christ and to grow in my relationship with Him. To see Him--to love Him and to savor Him.

3:36 PM  
Blogger John said...

Apart from Christ we can do nothing! We must cultivate intamacy with Him, praise His wonderful name! Great post Pete!

GBYAY

5:22 PM  
Blogger Brad Huston said...

Bryan,

It sounds like you are advocating a minute by minute reliance on Christ....I couldn't agree more.

YBIC,
Brad

5:40 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thank you brothers,
Not only to know Him, but His voice, love, power, and word that procedes from the throne of grace. To show forth His goodness and glory, to walk as He walked, and to bring glory to the Father through the Son.
Be Blessed All,
Bryan

9:55 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Amen Pete! Great Post! There is nothing more satisfying than getting to know the Lord more intimately, walking in the power of the Holy Spirit and hearing His voice!!!

12:44 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Karen,
How right you are! This is the whole intention of God. From before the beginning of man. To have His companionship. And to follow Him in works of love.
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. :)

Our only hope is in Him, and we couldn't have it without an intimate relationship WITH Him.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see from the 'healing' post that you've met my friend, Carolyn. :)

3:25 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Gayla,
Thank you it's always nice to hear from you. You have good friends, very sincere, and honest. Birds of a feather do flock together.
Be Blessed,
Bryan

11:28 AM  
Blogger IMO said...

Hey Bryan, Have you been reading the comments on my Salvation discussion? I really like your thoughts here. They are the basis for everything--the Holy Spirit. I hope, through the Holy Spirit, to help those see that He is a person and that He is here to help us to know God and to experience Him. I think that He is left out of much that we do. It is refreshing to read Acts and other chapters and see how the Holy Spirit was such a part of their lives and all they did. I so wish that the Lord would pour out His spirit in abundance, or is He? I disagree with you sometimes dude, but your heart is great and your willingness and meekness to learn through others as we learn from you is great. We are all part of the body with differnt gift and He speaks to us differently so that ALL of Him may be revealed through the Body of Christ. I so wish that we could realize that! Thanks!

4:19 PM  
Blogger IMO said...

Oh, I was thinking about you because the Holy Spirit brought you to mind and I then realized that I haven't heard from you in awhile, so I popped by to see if all was OK?

4:21 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Teresa,
Thank you for coming by, I always enjoy hearing from you. All is well. I've had company. I always read your posts when I can get the time. I'll have to leave more comments.
Be Blessed,
Bryan

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home