Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

They Will Speak With New Tongues

I love this gift. I call it my inspirational channel. At anytime I can switch from natural thinking to the realm of the Spirit, and the things of God. By simply voicing the flow of utterance of the Spirit within me, not knowing the meaning, but speaking the sound thereof.

You say no way; I tell you God is always speaking in me, for He said: out of your belly (your intermost being) shall flow rivers of living waters. Again; with joy shall they draw out of the well of salvation. I know when this flow is opened the joy of the Lord swells up within me.

I have gotten drunk on the Spirit of God. I know that I get higher on God, than anyone can on alcohol.
I have seen people totally passout. I've seen others take off running, and more spin around like a top. There have been hoots, and holloring, laughter, and singing, and yelling. I tell you when God lit's you up, you will know it is Him.

Why would he do that, does it suprise you that God enjoys us, and loves to show his pleasure to us for simply obeying and believing Him? What father doesn't enjoy playing with his children? The gift is for all believers, speak forth the sounds you percieve in you spirit, God will help and encourage you.

You must initiate your voice, God will not make you speak. As it says in scripture;" they" all spoke in tongues and glorified God. Speak forth in faith that God will catch your words and translate then into the desires He has for you. Make a joyful noise, unto the Lord. Yes it is foolishness to your mind, tell your mind not to listen, this is between you and God. Then you will be conscious of the Spirit within you. He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. If you pray in the spirit driving down the road, be sure not to speed, it seems the foot and spirit connect!

There are many manifestations of God through this gift. I have received enlightenment in puzzling situations, received revelation. Ministered healing, recieved words of encouragement, perceived the directions of God. Above all I have sweet fellowship, and an intimate relationship! Doesn't that sound good to you? Is it, and Paul said; I thank God I speak in tongues more than you all! He knew what he was talking about!

5 Comments:

Blogger IMO said...

This is a gift most often misinterpreted.I believe that it is to be used carefully. Like on my site--Wino did not understand my poem (not mine--Mercy Me's), I should not have put it there. If I am going to do something in public, I should use discretion in that others may be turned off or not understand--especially those who do not know the Lord at all.

3:53 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Teresa,
Thank you for your comment, I have addressed this blog as a Christian site for that very reason. I will of course give an explanation to any inquirers, to make the good news simple and easy.

11:12 PM  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Tongues...the least of the gifts. Not something I have ever really desired. However, I do believe that God speaks to each of us in ways that are perfect for us. Like the rest of the gifts listed in scripture, we are not all entitled to them all. We can all desire to be the best for God that we can be and that includes speaking in tongues if that is the gift God has so graciously bestowed on you.

2:21 PM  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Thank you for your thoughtful response and you are welcome to visit my blog anytime.

1:12 AM  
Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

Pete...I wanted to come back and say one more thing. Regardless of differing views on spiritual gifts or whatever, I never wanted to be one of those Christians that criticizes the way a brother or sister worships God or experiences His presence. Its that kind of thinking that I know God abhors. The fact that you love the Father and boldly share your faith makes you a precious brother and while our experiences may be different, we share the same 'Dad' and so I just wanted to say, "bless you", tonight.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home