Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The Prosperity Gospel

It is about time that we learned that God is not stingy! We have given credit to servanthood, humility, selflessness (what ever that is ) and a row of other virtues. Which is all good and well.
Now we have preachers telling us that God actually want's to reward us, what next, the Rapture? Why are we so slow to believe in the goodness of God? We have songs about God owning the silver and gold, and all the earth being His. What is wrong with a Father giving gifts to His children, even Gates does that!

Can we learn at all from history? In the history of God's chosen, the Israel nation came to power thru King David, and had rest from there enemy's. The next Kingship was Solomon. Who's kingdom surpassed in wisdom and prosperity all the nations of the World. From the beginning of time, to the end of time. As was supplied by God. The Chistian God is the Same God. He still want's to prosper His people.

Yet we can hardly believe that a preacher would tell us that; his theology is wrong, he's not one of us, we're suffering for the Lord. No, your suffering a brain disorder! Think straight! If God is for us, why would he give money to the heathen? Do you think He has a brain disorder?

I have seen a little discussion on Joel Osteen, and I looked at some reports. There is a lot of people who would be better off listening, instead of criticizing! You might even learn something. Does God have to be hard, or have our preachers made it so. He said my yoke is easy! Does it have to be a deep, hard, involved and difficult process? Thus the saying, a little child shall lead them. Then my prayer is Lord help me to be like a child!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree why would God give money to heathen, so he can't give money to the church, that happens to be full of heathens.

God is not stingy we have so many gift and we get to be free from sin, but His little brats won't even follow Him. And they want money what are they going to do with the money spend it on worldly things.

God dose still want's to prosper His people. But, in everything gifts, peace, Godness,riches you don't have to do anything but really be His people love him and follow Him.

And I don't know about you but when I was little I felt so blessed to have a dollar. Now people don't even realized when they are blessed.

10:18 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for your imput, this reminds me of a story.
When I was young I wanted a bike, when I was older I wanted a car. I don't think God will withhold financial blessing. I do think he wants our fellowship, and as we come to know him better, he will prosper us. The real prosperity is to know Him.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then we agree

2:05 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Yes, I think God said it best; "as long as they sought the Lord, they prospered".

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home