Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Confident Living

In my life I have noticed that, the best of the best, have an air of extreme confidence about them. Some may say it's even a little arrogant. I am convinced that this is the biggest difference between the also rans, and the champions. This is the single evident trait of sport stars, music stars, and movie stars. We as christians know the world is deluded and decieved, in bondage to sin. There self-confidence is a mirage, but that doesn't make the principal of faith void. Faith in themselves is misplaced, but still has a powerful effect in their life. I content that it's also the way God wants his people to live. Not to be arrogant, but to be extremely confident in Christ.

If we study the scriptures we have to come to this conclusion. Every thing, for any situation that we can face, has been provided by the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus. We are now children of God, the temple of the Lord. Given the authority in Jesus name over all the power of the enemy. We have the Holy Spirit of God. We are even flesh of his flesh. There are numerious scriptures of what we have, that begin with; in Chist, in Whom, by Him, and through Him. Over and over we are told of the victory we have, and the life of God in us. This is an overwhelming declaration of this principal. Being Confident in Life.

I will tell you of an experience I had in God. I generally pray walking around, sometimes with my understanding, and sometimes in tongues. I am very vocal, not a quiet prayer. I want to be heard by God, and I want to put my enemies on notice. The noise doesn't bother God, and I build up myself in faith by moving and being loud. If we are going to be led by the Spirit, then we have to be willing to move when He says move, and to speak boldly when He says to speak.

Anyway on one occasion I was praying in the spirit (tongues) for a while. When you pray in the spirit, ask for the interpetation. The Lord will enlighten your understanding sometimes. Sometimes words will flow out of your heart, not your head. Or you will get a witness to something, or a number of various ways in which you know the mind of God. Praying in the spirit is not just beating the air, it's a gift of the Spirit to bring about the will of God in your life!

On this occasion my spirit rose up with what I can only discribe as a body of energizing power. I felt like I had just put on a body that would have been perfect for superman, or some other super-hero. The man of the spirit is the same form as your body, but a little bigger, and a whole lot stronger. That is the real you, the spirit man. You are a spirit, that posesses a soul, and wears a body of flesh. This feeling of power and might was awesome. I know I could have whipped any man, devil, or animal with out working up a sweat! I'm not a physically big or strong man, but with this life in me, I was more than a match for anything!

This is the way the Lord wants us to view ourselves in Christ. More than conquerors. We are more than a match for any sickness of disease. We have power over all the power of the enemy. The life of the spirit is to dominate our thinking, our walk, and our conversation. When we meet with God, and his church, we should leave with the confidence that we are able to make the difference in the world. We have the equipment, we have the knowledge, and we are hooked up with the life. We can get the answers, and the solutions to any problem.

The church has been preached down to the floor, the spirits of the saints have been trampled, to where they think they are powerless to do anything. That is a lie from hell. If we will shake off the teaching of soulish sermons, and stand on the word and power of God. If we will walk as the sons and heirs of the Almighty. Then we will see the demons tremble, and flee in terror, and all hell and the evil one will be put to flight. Stand therefore in the strength of the Lord. For the Lord is the strength of your life, be bold, and couragious, for the Lord will fight for us. LIVE IN CONFIDENCE.

Consider this; "the righteous are bold as a lion". A lion roars when ever he wants, he doesn't care who hears him, he just is free to be as loud as he pleases. Is there anyone who will try to stop him? When he's hungry he chooses what he wants and goes and gets it. There is no match for him in all the animal kingdom. He rules on opposed by his great strength. As christians God would have us view ourselves the same way. Speak the word boldly, who will stop you. Get God's plan for your life and go after it in the same way as the lion, in the great strength of the Lord. You are to rule, there is no one who can stand against you. You are more than a match for anything. Your are more than a conqueror in Christ. "Of his fullness have I received"!

6 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Great post Pete, I love the way the Bible puts it...

The wicked man flees though no-one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion. Prov 28:1

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Pet 5:8

God's people are as bold as a lion, the enemy only looks like one!
GBYAY

12:02 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thank you John, as we go in faith, the Lord will show up with the goods we need for the situations.
Be Blesses

12:53 PM  
Blogger Free as I Can Be said...

You mean that you walk around in public speaking in tongues? That takes great self-confidence (and I mean that in a nice way)!

10:40 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Not unless in the company of others who also understand the gifts of God. I don't want to add confusion to others, but on occasion as prompted by the Lord for his purpose I have.In these instances there is usually a message that will speak to the situation. The gift is primarily to build up myself or to receive instruction.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://icnhvzac.com/lytx/jcul.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://duiibtfa.com/krlh/suex.html]Cool site[/url]

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://icnhvzac.com/lytx/jcul.html | http://andvmzoy.com/iuuk/grir.html

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home