Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

How To Preach and Draw on the Anointing

I've seen a few God-blogs grapling with how to preach and present the Gospel. It's really quite simple. It's easy to get God's approval and Anointing to work through your presentation of the gospel. A babe in Christ can do it, you don't need to go to theology school. Any one who has been born of God through Jesus's sacrifice understands all they need to be an Anointed Preacher.

The Anointing of the Holy Spirit always accompanies the cross and resurrection of Jesus. If you want the Lord to move in your midst, then, as Paul, preach Jesus and him crucified. In this alone is the focus of all God's dealings with man. By this the love of God is manifest to the world. By this sin is put away. In the cross is healing of all sickness and infirmity. Through the resurrection is all authority over all the works of the devil. And by Jesus death we have access to the presence of the Almighty. And in the ascension of Jesus we have received the Holy Spirit.

Every thing the Father now does is in view of the cross. Wheather salvation, healing or deliverance. The whole of the wisdom of God, and the power of God is in Jesus Christ and him crucified. I stated that the Anointing will accompany this preaching.

Let's look what Paul had to say about that;
"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."
First he states the reason for his coming, the testimony about God. Then he tells that he was not relying on his ability as an orator, nor on being a dynamic personality, nor with excellent wisdom and persuasion. What then did he count on? The demonstration of the Spirit's power! He had faith that God would accompany his word, the declaring of the Son. Paul mixed his faith with the word of God, and counted on the Spirit to prove, and approve the message. Just like the Spirit did when Peter preached at Cornelius's. It was the same message, and they both got the same results.

If you haven't been getting these results, check you message. And then check to make sure that you believe in the Spirit's power. Then check to see that you are yielding to the Spirit, and not quenching his work. Then you to can expect the Spirit to demonstrate in power, and the Lord be Glorified.

I saved the best till last. "That their faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power." This is the best part. Their are many christians who have a very limited experience of the power of the Spirit. This is not God's intention. He is a God of abundance, not a little dap will do you. He want's us to be full of the Spirit. To know the certainty of our salvation. To know the greatness of his power that is at work in us. If we as preachers will allow and encourage the people to grap for the full measure of Christ, then we will have strong christians. Who will be full of love, full of faith, and of works of righteousness. And their faith will not be subject to the wisdom, or teachings of man. But will rest in God's power. This is why Paul preached, to bring people to the fulness of Christ. Let's do it his way.

Addendum: I have to link to this site, Karen gives us a great testimony of what the Lord will do when we preach and yeild to the Spirit at, In the Presence of the Almighty.

6 Comments:

Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Enjoyed the post, Pete. I linked to it on my blog. Peace.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Bob Spencer said...

As usual, Milton and I are on the same page! I also linked your post on my blog today. Thanks for testifying, Brother!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Peter Bogert said...

Agreed. I linked to it as well. But I'm posting this comment because I think Milton, Bob and I look great together. (grin)

8:39 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Men and Brothers,
Thank you all for the gracious links, I also added a link to a great testimony of the Lord's faithfulness, and willingness to manifest His love on our behalf, enjoy.
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:50 AM  
Blogger Callmeteem said...

I appreciated the post a lot, thanks.

1:13 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thank you Tim and Dan, I know you both to be thoughful men of God. I appreciate your encouragement.
Be Blessed,
Pete

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home