Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

A Better Way

Jesus said, "the Comforter will come, and lead you into all truth". The infilling Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues has brought up this question;
is there an advantage to speaking to God when you don't know what you are saying? ..what is it that you get through the experience of praying in tongues that I do not get through silence in prayer?
There is a inward stiring, the voice is yours (read it carefully; "THEY all spoke with tongues,), and an inward listening and drawing or pulling forth of flow of the Spirit within. Speaking forth the sounds preceived in the inner man. The sounds, or language, is the Spirits, giving utterance for you to speak. I'll insert a previous post here.

Next, I know one of the main purposes man was created is to worship God. The gift of tongues is always associated with worship and praise of God. The Lord inhabit's the praises of his people. So if your looking for the presence of the Lord in your midst, or in your own life, this is definately the way. As for silent prayer. Why would I be silent when I can boldly speak forth his praise, and enter his presence? The only time is around those who have not this knowledge. Then I pray (under my breath) not to offend. I'd like you to review another short post, here.

This experience has lead me to believe that we have underestimated the Lord's involvement in our lives. I grew up in a church where God seemed far away. There were no gifts, or manifestations of God. He was represented as someone who you will have to deal with in the sweet by and by. My God is here, and active, and loving, and involved and eager to teach, heal, deliver, and to bless with joy, love, right thinking, and the power to live right and free from all fear and all harm, and over anything that can be named. Through the power of His name, that is above all names.

6 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I was born again in a Church like that Pete, I never, never, never ever want to go back to stale Christianity! I prefer the way of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues as well as all the other gifts! Be encouraged my friend!

GBYAY

1:26 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Brother John,
Nice to hear from you again. Thank you for your continued support, and kind words.
Be Blessed,
Pete

6:24 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I have found a home church, but not sure if I have found that, yet. There are some people who speak in tongues,like myself, but not a majority. We have an intercessory prayer group that does. Maybe the Lord has put me there to be a spark plug? There is nothing that excites me more than to see the Holy Spirit moving powerfully in a congregation!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

There is nothing greater than hearing and knowing the voice of God within you - through the power of the Holy Spirit he guides you, teaches you, comforts, encourages and challenges you - what an awesome way to live out your christianity

6:45 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Karen,
It sounds like a perfect opportunity, an intercessory prayer group will certainly bring the Lord and his blessings.
Jeannie,
I agree, what an amazing thing, God in us.

Be Blessed,
Pete

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home