Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's a War Out There

I've been busy reading lately on the present movement of God. The Lord is establishing the apostle and prophet back into the church. The work and ministry are to help complete the training of the saints into the fullness of Christ. The end is that the body of believers be effective in their service for the Lord. The same as a tree is know for it's fruit, the body will be the fruit of these ministries, able to reproduce after it's own kind (bring sons to God). Luther had the revelation that each person could know salvation. Also each person could know God. This move is so each person can minister in the power and anointing with understanding. The fullness of Christ.

This is good news, that the church should grow to maturity. But there is some bad news. This is not going to be uncontested. By the devil, the threat of fear and terror is his effort to counter what the Lord is doing in the earth. By the devils of religion, to cast lies and accusations on the new men of the Lord. To slander things that have not been received into the main stream of Christianity, to try to divide the body even futher.

This brings us to the main issue, "will I find faith when I return". Faith is the issue. Fear is the lie that would cause men to stop short of there completing the calling of Christ. The word of the Lord, as it is written has to be trusted as the only truth. This word also includes all the promises to the church. As God is true and the word is sure, then the promises will come to pass. The question is on which side of the blessing will you be? Will you believe and receive, and walk in the fullness of Christ. Or will you doubt and fear, and walk on in your ignorance? Yes the Lord will still love you, we are all saved by His unfailing love and grace. But will you please Him, and give Him pleasure in your faith as Abraham?

Paul explained that even though the Jews had the scriptures it didn't profit them because of unbelief. So He sent them prophets, yet they killed them, rather than be corrected. This is historical fact. Let's be sure to keep a humble and teachable spirit, lest we do the same, by our unbelief and words and murmuring. The Lord is doing a shaking in the earth and in the church. So that He may present it as glorious and without spot or blemish or wrinkle. I don't know what it will look like in it's glory. I don't know how the Lord will accomplish all His good pleasure in the earth. But I do know He is faithful and will do it. I want to be on the Lord's side. No matter what He does.

My concern is two fold, for the congregation and for the ministers. Are we ready for the power of God to be manifest in our midst? Can we receive a prophet of the Lord and hear what is said and do it? Will we yield to the Spirit and heal the sick, and set the captives free? Can we worship and praise God in adversity? And only ask Him to streach forth His hand that wonders and mighty works be done in the name of Jesus? As the congregation we must shake off a spectator stance, and become the hands, and feet of this gospel, in the power of the Spirit. As ministers we must loose the knowledge of the Lord, and empower and encourage the people to be faithful to the leading of the Spirit, and how to discern His will.

There is much more to be said on these things. This is a bulletin, a notice, these things are surely coming. The glory of the Lord WILL cover the earth. Let's reexamine our hearts and settle our minds. The ways of the Lord are beyond our understanding. Prepare ourselves to be usefull instruments in the work of the Lord. Learn the voice of God, learn the teaching of those the Lord sends, be of good cheer, the Lord our God reigns.

9 Comments:

Blogger Callmeteem said...

And I will join in that resolve also. Good post.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Cosmic said...

Strange, I read your post and the thought about being spiritually blind sprang to life in my head. And your post shed some light on what was blinding me. I have not yet yeilded completely to the Lord. I think I'm on the right track but there are still road blocks in my path. As always, I learn something new about my faith each time I read your posts.

2:35 PM  
Blogger John said...

I join in the resolve with Phil, Tim and Cosmic! great post!

GBYAY

5:28 PM  
Blogger John said...

Pete, I have linked this post at Scotwise in Around the Blogs!

GBYAY

8:28 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thanks to you all, I am glad to be in this faithful company.
Cosmic, we are all blind in some areas, the job of these new offices in part is to bring revelation on where we have missed it, and also to help complete our submission. "He that began a good work in you will complete it."
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:13 AM  
Blogger IMO said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brother, you are right on--the Spirit is moving and we need to jump in. The river is more like a wave and the wave will either wipe you out or you will ride it!

5:07 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Teresa,
In the days ahead as the Lord leads us He will see that we see, and that we hear, and understand what we need to know.
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:36 AM  
Blogger IMO said...

I am curious to know what you are reading "I've been busy reading lately on the present movement of God". You could e-mail me if you want: teresaabell@lighthousechurchnetwork.net

1:40 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Teresa,
Thank you for the interest. I e-mailed the information.
Be Blessed,
Pete

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home