Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tag'ed Books

I've had a funny relation with books. My first day of school, I went back home and told my mother, "I don't need that". So I never was interested in books, until I was saved. The bible was my inspiration. After that all of the christian authors I could find that I agreed with, or that knew something that I didn't, their were a lot! I've never bought a fiction book, although some I've read seem like fiction. The only other subjects have been art and music. On occasion I read a lot, I may reread the same book a hundred times, then I don't read for quite a while, perhaps a year or so. If I am interested in a subject then I read until I grasp a working knowledge, and then work with that and discontinue reading. I view books as a tool to DO OTHER THINGS.

Total number of books owned; a thousand.

Last book I bought: Holding to the Word of the Lord; Roberts Liardon

Last book I read: The Best of Life; T. L. Osborn

Five books that mean a lot to me; this is hard, I've read many great authors, I can only single out one as the most outstanding I've ever read (apart from the bible) I doubt that anyone has ever hear of it. To Fight With Angels; Roland J. Lewis.

This is my list, and answer to your tag, thanks for the chance to express myself. And thanks to you J. A. Gillmartin.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Gillmartin said...

"although some I've read seem like fiction"

Pete -

I've been there. I haven't read any of what you've read. I'm going to have to make a note to check a couple out, especially the last one.

Rules are you've got to tag five others. Thanks for participating.

HE ALONE IS WORTHY

10:25 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

J.A.,
Thanks for the comments, the last book is about a man who had a stroke, and was shown many things in the heavenly's, before he was revived. A Very Great Read.

Also, as King of this blog, I decree this a RISK FREE ZONE. No one will be at risk or obligation to this site. All correspondence is on a voluntter basis. I love blogging!
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home