Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Walk by Faith

In my life before Christ I was a typical person. Hated school, loved girls, would do almost anything, and could party for days. Every thing I did I would go after whole-hearted. The sad thing was nothing good came out of any of this. There was no fulfillment in any of it. I either got hurt, or hurt someone else. The whole thing was a total mess. Bad plans, bad ideas, bad results.

But I count myself fortunate. Some seem to have a little success in life. Either through education, or hard work, or perserverance to a goal. I pity these, they have a false sense of well being, and as such may never reach out for help from a higher power, the Almighty. I hope they do, the practices that are employed by the successful are ordained by God. And He has blessed them, even though they might think it was by their own effort. These would make fine fellow christians, and we could learn from them.

The reason I count myself fortunate is that I came to Jesus as a blank slate. I knew I didn't have a clue. I took the word of God as the final authority. I read to find out what to think, what to do, and how to do it. What-ever it said that is what I would do, with all of my heart. This gives me a great peace, I don't have to figure out anything, just do what it says. Someone has said; God said it, I believe it, and that settles it, I would like to add, so I'll do it.

Whatever is in there I want it, whatever is promised is for me, whatever it takes to receive it I'll do. And for all this I found that if I can believe, I can receive. The way God has ordained for His word to work in us and for us is BY FAITH. This is what that means to me. To rely on the intergity of God. That what He has said is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. And nothing or any other discussion will or can void it. If Jesus said I am one with Him and the Father, so be it. If Jesus said I am healed, so be it. If Jesus said I can recieve power of the Holy Spirit, so be it. If Jesus said I can lay hands on the sick and they will recover, so be it. As Paul said, all things are your, and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. So I say, Amen, so be it.

This is the first step of faith, to believe the report, that is the word of God. The second step of faith is to speak it, to call it forth. We are now a God class of being. We are to operate on the same principals as God. Who spoke and all things came into being. Our voice is to give utterance to the word of God so that it may be established in our life and situation and time. It is our voice speaking on behalf of God to bring His will to pass for our life. As Jesus said, "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven". So we are to speak the will of God into the earth. This may be new to you, there are many other references to this step of faith. Consider this prayerfully asking for enlightenment to see it.

The next step is the fun part; to do it. To act on it. After boldly speaking the words of God, you will find a new zeal and a greater anticipation of the reality of the things and power of God. Truely His word is alive and powerful and active. Keep speaking the word till you find your level of faith has grown to the point of expecting results when you speak. Just like Jesus, awesome. Doing the word, knowing that it will come to pass, even though you have not yet seen it, THAT'S FAITH. To lay hands on the sick expecting them to be healed. Or to witness about Jesus, expecting conversions.

To do what ever the word says. If it says, "what ever is pure, of good report, lovely, noble, think on these things". Then if any thought doesn't qualify, it gets thrown out. I refuse it. If it says share with the poor, then I'll gladly share, and pray for more to give away. The doing of His word will work both for us and in the world around us.

Let me ask you, when you speak do you expect to recieve what you said? You should. If we don't, how can we expect the lost to believe us, if we don't believe ourselves? What-ever you can believe you can recieve. And whoever believes you will receive from you. If you can help the lost to believe you, then you will have good success.

Some of this may be news to a few, take and search the word, give yourself time to reflect on these things. And ask the Lord for clarity. The bottom line is to always act, think, and do as it's written, with confidence that the Father has heard us and will honor us because we are speaking forth His word. And will manifest those things that we ask to bring glory to the Son that the world may know that we are in the Father.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bryan - just wanted to let you know that I replied to you on the Gifts Contintued post over at my blog.

Also, I want to add that I've really enjoyed our discussions. Iron sharpens iron, and I gain a lot of insight from real dialogue on these topics.

10:10 AM  
Blogger IMO said...

I beleive this to be true Bryan and it sounds like you have a great gift of faith. The one thing that I have learned though is that we cannot claim this or that scripture all the time to every situation. When I pray, I ask the Holy Spirit to direct my prayer, because He tells me what to pray, I DO expect that I will recieve what I pray. So I ask the Lord first to pray His Will. His Will is not to heal everyone...Psalms 37:4 along with other scriptures says: "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart". The funny thing about that is that it is two-fold. IF we delight ourselves in the LORD, He changes our desires to be His desires and then the desires that HE wants for us, we will have. If we do not delight ourselves in HIM, then we are only asking for our own desire and claiming something maybe that is not our right to claim. Thanks for the great post.

11:57 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Teresa,
"Blab it and Grab it", "name it and claim it", "what you say is what you get". I want to be president of all these clubs! "How can two walk together, except they be agreed?". How can I walk with God and not think and speak His thoughts and words? When any situation comes my way; I apply the word to it and view it from that perspective, and speak, not the proplem, but the solution in God's word. Jesus was anointed with the Holy Ghost without measure. Why? Because he spoke the WORD OF GOD. If we are follower of Jesus we should do the same.

If the word of God is alive and active and powerful. Then what in all creation is not subject to it? The Word made it all. And is the authority over all.

Is the word of God evil? No. Therefore if I ask for anything in his word, I am asking God to do what he already said he would do, I'm agreeing with him, that's faith, and pleasing to God.

Whose opinion should I take? Doctors, Lawyers, Educaters, Politicians, or my mothers; No. God word is the words of life, there is nowhere else to go for life.

"His will is not to heal everyone", you and I both know that is not in His word. Jesus healed all who came to him. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The only difference is he's not physically here, but we can come to him by faith that he is and recieve.

I see we are both after the same thing, the will of God in our lives, I've taken the liberty here to show you my approach. It may be different to what-ever is normal. But have exposed myself for examination, perhaps as we search, the Lord will give us both greater illumination and knowledge. Thank you for coming by and for you comments. Your always welcome.
Be Blessed,
Bryan

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home