Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Relative Truth?

This is a real great danger in society, that "what's true for you is not true for me." This is a teaching that invades every aspect of man's understanding. A source of deception. If everything is relative, then nothing is truth. In this senario no absolute can exist.

In my last post I stated; "the will of God can be known". This is an absolute. This is quite a different stance from that of the world. Even the christian mentality of a lot of believers. This is opposed to the thinking of men. And is seen as a threat, or error, or presumption. It's okay to have gifts, or visions, or revelations, or faith. But don't say you know the will of God!

In the old Testament God warned about calling good evil, and evil good. Jesus said; "either make the tree good and the fruit good; or make the tree bad and the fruit bad". This sounds to me like an absolute! As another absolute; "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever." Or, "I am the Lord and I change not".

I wonder why the Lord bothered to write and preserve His word, if there no way to know His will. Hasn't He stated his will in His word? I think so, the Holy Spirit thinks so, and Jesus also thought so. Isn't Jesus; "the word made flesh"? Doesn't He uphold all things by the "word of His power"?

I have been accused of presuming to know without proper guidance and understanding. Well then, so be it, leave me to my folly. I will go on believing the words of Jesus. I'll go on beleiving that God is impartial, and eager to do good things, and not evil. I'll go on believing "that it's the goodness of God that leads to repentance".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have been accused of presuming to know without proper guidance and understanding. Well then, so be it, leave me to my folly. I will go on believing the words of Jesus. I'll go on beleiving that God is impartial, and eager to do good things, and not evil. I'll go on believing "that it's the goodness of God that leads to repentance".

People just want to see proof. You say you believe the words of Jesus. People want to see where Jesus said these things. There have been many verses listed where Jesus gives people trials and tribulations, but you have not given one verse which says He does not. You gave the verse in Ephisians which tells us to take up arms against Satan. We all believe Satan tries to make us sin, I would assume. This has nothing to do with God testing our faith.

"I wonder why the Lord bothered to write and preserve His word, if there no way to know His will. Hasn't He stated his will in His word? I think so, the Holy Spirit thinks so, and Jesus also thought so. Isn't Jesus; "the word made flesh"? Doesn't He uphold all things by the "word of His power"?"

I ask the same question to you.

11:31 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Anonymous,
Welcome back, I'm glad the discussion didn't lose you. Jesus said; "in the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." First; Jesus didn't give the tribulation; the world that is in opposition to God is that source. Next; he shows that we can remain in joy because he has already conquerored the world. This is his victory given to his church. To exercise his authority in the earth.

As to a verse there are many, one; "be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good". Was there any place in scripture where Jesus refused to heal or teach? Even those who wanted to kill him were instructed by him. Think Judas.

So He is are example and image that we are to be transformed into and our ultimate goal.

Be Blessed,
Pete

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home