Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Looking unto Jesus

In Psalms 71:1-4 we read;
In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me. Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men.
We are all aware of the Scripture; "looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith". But have we really settled this into our spirit? This says that all the work that is necessary to give us victory over our enemies is already done. The work is complete in Christ. Every victory has been accomplished in Jesus. The same Jesus who now lives in us to be the power to enforce his victories in our life. A life with power over sin, the flesh, and the works of the devil.

The Lord has provided us with a life that knows no defeat, only constant victory. To be His vessels. To put the devil to flight. Let me make this a little plainer. Jesus is know to be the "Word of God". We know that the Word will never fail, nor pass away. And that it can't be added to or anything taken from it. So if Jesus is the finisher of our faith, then everything necessary has already been done. He is now seated awaiting for His enemies to be put down.

The gospel is the declaration of the complete ruin of the enemies of man, by the one man Jesus Christ. There are mysteries of God. I don't know the end of these things. But I am sure that there is total freedom in Christ. Freedom not as with men, but freedom from sin, the flesh, and the works of the devil. Real freedom. We aren't here to be a door mat for the world, but to be a brilliant light of true victory over all the things that plague the world. So that all men will be drawn to the light.

If this is so, then what is the problem? That we have taken our eyes off of Jesus. We have look to ourselves for the answers. We have a little of Jesus, but we want to figure all these other things out ourselves. If you don't believe that, let me ask you. Why are there christian doctors? As christians we know that it is God that heals not man, or their devices, or their knowledge and learning. Don't we know that the arm of flesh, the trust in man is worthless, of course.

So then we need to return to the Lord, the word. To seek after His commands, to walk in His ways, to rely only upon Him. This is radical christianity, to "have faith in God". Not in the wisdom of man, not in his strenght, or knowledge and learning. But to rely only on the Lord, this is a step that the leaders of Jesus day missed, and they were turned away for a season, so the Gentiles could be brought in. Today the churchs need to return to the Lord. And to seek His face, to look unto Jesus, and walk in his power by making Him the source of our every need, and giving Him the honor due Him. Then He will show us his victory in the word so that we by His Spirit may see (understand), and that our nakedness (helplessness) be covered with his righteousness (the Spirit working mightily in us).

10 Comments:

Blogger Callmeteem said...

Thank you Pete and yes and amen!
If we don't have Jesus in our services, our meetings, what have we got left?
Sometimes I'm afraid we would be left with everything we always do and life would go on.
May that fear not be true.

10:15 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Tim,
Very thoughtful comment. I also am afraid that we have left the Lord out of many things in our service to the Lord. Didn't the Lord say TO THE CHURCH at Laodicea; "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock." What is He doing out-side! He supposed to be in there ruling in our affairs! But this is a true prophetic picture of the condition of the church in the last days.
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:50 AM  
Blogger Brad Huston said...

Pete,

Far be it from me to bothered by a typo or a slip of good grammar. That whole plank and splinter thing comes into to play for me personally, as I make such mistakes repeatedly. But in the following did you mean to say "now" instead of "know"...just wanting to be sure I understand your point:

Jesus is know to be the "Word of God".

Thanks and a very good post and timely reminder.

2:02 PM  
Blogger maverick mindset said...

Christianity without Christ would be "inaity" or "insanity". A great Post.

9:28 PM  
Blogger John said...

Good post Pete, without Him we have nothing, He has the pre-eminence and all the Glory! Hallelujah! Bless His wonderful name!

GBYAY

4:50 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Brad,
Thanks for coming by, the reference is to the name of the Lord as He is known in the heavenly realm. It should have read; "Jesus is known as the "Word".

10:13 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Maverick,
Amen, and they think that we're crazy!
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:24 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Brother John,
Great to hear from you as always. Your a great encourager, and I thank the Lord for you.
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:27 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Our lives need to be focused on Jesus and in the word continually.

God Bless ya Pete!

11:59 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Karen,
Great to hear from you. Glad to see you back on line.
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home