Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Show us the Father

In my last post I pointed out the powerlessness of the religions of the world to prove there teachings. This is not to say they have no power, but limited and not of any help to man. As there were magicians in Pharaoh's court, and in Peter's day with Simeon. Even so today that spirit is still in the earth. This only exaltes the man, not of help to man, even though it may amaze some. These are counterfiets of the power of God. Who's gave of Himself to lift man back to sonship and fulfillment of God's original plan and purpose.

God has established a pattern for his work. He works by his word. Man is the only creature on the earth who can speak. The only one who can hear and comprehend what has been said. Man is the instrument of God's chosing to work through. That is the purpose for which he was made.

This is nothing new, and yet it is new. The bible was written by man! It was God at work in man. The story's of Enoch, or Noah. These were men to who God make Himself known. Abraham was a man to whom God made Himself known. All the people of the Old and New Testament, were real people like you and I. To whom God made Himself known. The thing that sets these apart from the others is, to whom God made Himself known.

Jesus said, "of myself I can do nothing". And; "what I see of the Father that I do, and what I hear I speak." Jesus followed the pattern. This is a great comfort and encouragement to me. Jesus was a man; to whom God made Himself known. Yes, He was and is the only begotten of God, but his ministry was that of a MAN. It had to be, it was the pattern of God. The word and works of God administered by a man. Didn't He call Himself, "the Son of Man?" Yes, so then the result is any man to whom God makes Himself known, has the right to speak and to do the works of God. Even more, for this purpose YOU WERE MADE. Isn't that right, "Christ in you, the hope of Glory".

So man is the instrument in the hands of God to speak forth what God has done, and will do according to His word. According to the pattern of God, Yes! It's the word of God in our hearts and in our speech and in our actions. The same as Jesus. "As He is, so are we in this world."

A lot of us have hang-ups about our qualifications. We suppose that God has better or more gifted or elouquent men. We think that the saints of old or the disciples were in some way more usefull. Wrong, God can't use human talent, or knowledge, or charisma. He uses the weak, the lowly, the foolish, and the humble. And reveals Himself to them, and they become spokesmen for the word of God, and hands through which He can do His work. Those who will become fools for Christ!

What then does this mean. We should be alive to God. We should be looking for God to speak to us, and to show us dreams and visions. Looking for God to reveal great and wonderous things that we know not of. We should walk knowing that we are God's instrument in the earth to bring in the lost, and to help those in need. We should know that the word of God will bring forth fruit.

Will He speak to us? Yes, you are in Christ. Will He work through us? Yes, you are in Christ. All the promises are yes, and amen. What-ever you have need of is already given in Christ. Jesus at the well in Samaria knew the womans history. And she believed. Jesus saw Nathaniel, and knew him to be with-out falsehood, and he believed. Jesus saw Simon and knew him and his father Jonas, and also knew his purpose and changed his name to Peter, and he believed. Jesus knew were the gold coin was, where the upper room was, where the donkey and fold were, that water would be wine, that five loafs of bread was enough. Besides all the healings, resurrections, deliverances, and teachings.

Don't you think we can show the Father, just like Jesus. Yes, the same Spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead is living in you and me. Doing the same works, testifing to the resurrection of Jesus. For this purpose you were made. How? By faith, trust in the Lord to give you what-ever you need to complete your task. To Peter the healing of the lame man at the gate. To Paul cloths taken from his body. To Phillip the casting out of devils. All these by the one and same Spirit that we have received. This is only the tip of the iceberg that we may believe. And believing we also may do the works of God by the Spirit.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan, just to comment on your comment from the previous entry. I'm in NO WAY offended, so please no worries there! I truly believe that you and I are way more on the same page than not.

I like a good discussion, and we've always had very civil ones. I totally enjoy the discourse with you.

I totally agree with you that we could be more effective in witnessing. We sincerely have to 'know what we believe and why we believe it.' And I think sometimes we are lacking. We really have to become totally dependent on God in our lives.

*~*~*~*

Speaking of being in agreement, I'm completely with you on this post. :)

The possiblities are endless of what God can do in us and through us, if we would but yield to His Spirit.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, a reminder for Monday Night Thoughtball on my blog later. :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Gayla,
Thank you for being so gracious. I am glad to see that indeed we are of one heart. To see the Lord glorified. And thanks again for the invitation.
Be Blessed,
Pete

6:52 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Fantastic post Pete!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Karen,
Thank you, it means a lot to me coming from you. Because I know that you are joined in the war for the souls of men.
Be Blessed,
Pete

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bryan - thanks for jumping into the discussion on Monday Night Thoughtball. Remember it's every Monday on Faith Or Fiction?

It was a good discussion, and see...we were more in agreement than I was with some of the others.

I believe in God's complete sovereignty over His creation. Ergo, He really is free to do as He so chooses.

Last night's discussion prompted a lot of thoughts on prayer, so I may blog about that today.

Bless you, my friend!

9:14 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Phil,
Thank you. And may the Lord help us to be all that we are already made.
Be Blessed,
Pete

7:07 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Hi Gayla,
It was my pleasure. A good question, and a lot of good thoughts from different views. I'll try to remember on Monday.
Be Blessed Sister,
Bryan

7:10 PM  
Blogger Callmeteem said...

Good post. I am in agreement.

11:27 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Tim,
Thank you, it's always good to hear from you.
Be Blessed,
Pete

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home