Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Here I Go

It has taken me some time to consider why this Blog. In my first post I relayed that the leaders of the Church had in ignorance ran ahead of God's best. In their zeal to be of service to God, they in large numbers turned to Insitutions of Theology. This was an honest attempt to help man by gaining the best education that they could. Thereby being able to answer all inquirers, by intelligent reasoning.

This blog is to be a record of the way I learned, and what I've learned. I was raised as the youngest of three children, by a godly mother, and grandmother. My father was a hard working provider, who didn't accept the Lord until latter in life. Gratefully I was allow to play a small part in his conversion.

My most vivid early memory is the first day of school. My mother, brother, and sister, and I walked to the school together. I was then placed in a classroom, after looking around for awhile, I walked out and returned home. My mother asked what I was doing home, I said: "I don't need that". I lost the argument and had to return. I never lost that reasoning, that if I wanted to learn something I could. Not by rote but by experience and selected study, and experiment.

I had only slight interest in God, more questions than answers. In my teens I joined the Army, and was Honorably discharged. Found the right girl, got married. Found it was the wrong girl, got divorced. Ouch, that hurt! So much for being smart and discerning. At this point in my life I had become disillusioned with relationships, schools, careers ( definitely not the Army ). In other words, what's the point.

It appeared to be working for some people, at least it looked that way, why not for me. I reasoned there had to be something I had missed, some class I didn't take. I didn't read the instructions right, and where were the instructions? So I decided to do a search for instructions. Surely there had to be something to God, and there I started my search.

I read large portions of scripture, of both the new and old testament. It appeared to me that nobody had ever explained what it meant. This man Jesus was amazing. He healed, he taught, he had command of all situations. He outsmarted his opponents with wisdom. He knew what he was doing, knew who he was, and knew where he was going. His words had power and heaven itself proved him true in manifesting what he said. Wheather a streached out arm, a blind man to see, those with different diseases, healed, even the dead brought back to life.

No one had ever told me this was the true manifestation of God. Could it be that God cared! Could it be that Jesus is God in the flesh doing the eternal will (read works) of God? So I considered, what reason would God have to lie to me. It seems to me that He could just ignore mankind if we displease Him. Given His power to light the heavens, He could just wipe us all away with a breath if He wanted. Instead He gave a record, a heavenly blog, of His love in allowing man to kill the Son of God, to overcome death, by raising him from the dead, so man may have life in God. So that by Him, the Son, we could be reconciled (read joined) to God!

At this time in my life I was very aware of empty promises, so I did more indepth searchs looking in as many areas as I could think up. I saw the issue of faith as the final transaction to seal the deal as provided by God. Meaning if I would commit to the testimony God gave concerning his Son. That He is the Savior of man and the eternal Son of God. Then upon my confession I would be saved (read united to God). I wouldn't know until I commited, only after, that is the faith agreement God honors.

So I did, and God proved Himself alive in me. When you get right down to it God committed first in supplying His Son, so that who so ever will may come. This is the start of the adventures of walking with the Lord. More next time.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home