Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Do you Give Up?

The best day of my life was the day I gave up! I mean the day I understood that I could have a new life, a life in Jesus. It was the day I reached the end of myself, and the beginning of an adventure in God. Do you know that God's call will always lead you into, "not knowing"? I had no idea what the life of God would be like. But I took the step of faith, "not knowing" what my life would become. At some point to be a follower of Jesus you have to "lose your mind" and do what is not reasonable, but what you know to be God. This is the way of faith. Consider Abraham, he was told to leave his country, and he obeyed and went "not knowing", but looking for a city whose builder and maker was God.

Or Paul, "compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there". Act 20:22 All the leadings of God will be the same way. "Not knowing". The Lord will give you direction for the first step, then He expects us to walk by faith "not knowing" the outcome. It's the way we started in Him, and the way we are to walk in Him.

God will not show us more than one step at a time, we don't need to know the outcome, we are only to obey His leading. It's the same for all His commands. To those who don't know Jesus it's the same. First you give Him your life, then you will know Him. Knowledge is on the backside of faith. You can't know Him first. You may know a great deal about Him. You may even have had a experience with His power to keep you alive. But you don't know Him until you come to Him and give Him your life, and then He gives you the Life of God. Faith is followed by knowledge, not the other way around.

Jesus taught only believe, and you will see the glory of God. If you can believe, all things are possible. As you believe, be it unto you. See how the believing is followed by the manifestation of God? In the commission to the church, go... and the Lord worked with them, with signs following. If you want God to move on your behalf, believe and take the first step, if healing, have hands layed on you in Jesus name, and the healing will follow.

Here is the divine plan, if you give, you will receive. God gave His Son, to receive many sons through Him. What ever you need give. You need prayer, then pray for someone else. You need love, then love someone else. Give, and it shall be given unto you pressed down, shaken together, and running over. This is the principle that God used to establish his work of redemption on the world. Are you a witness to the life of God, then witness. Do the works of the Lord, preach to the poor, proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, release the oppressed, and proclaim the time of the Lord's favor. Do what you can and know to do, and the signs will follow. We take the step of faith, ''not knowing" what the Lord will accomplish, but knowing He is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Great post Pete... these signs shall follow them that believe!
GBYAY

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home