Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Reason for Faith

God is a faith being. To help let's define faith as; total confidence and ability. God revealed himself to Moses as; "I am that I am". We can state it; "I am ____ I am", and fill in the blank with what ever and everything that is in the creation by the will of God. He is all, and in all, and by him they have there existence. He was telling Moses, that I am all you need. I am your life, your nourishment, your supply for all things. God being a faith being, he sires children of faith. As it says, "my just shall walk by faith". The children also know God as the source of all, and have the same "total confidence in His ability."

This promise was to Moses; that God would be with him. As the writer of Hebrews states, we have a better convenant. We have not only the promise of His presence, but of His indwelling life. This is a world of difference. Now He himself is our ability and life, and all things to us and for us. His is our strenght, his is our love, his is our joy. His is our faith, our hope, our confidence. He is all things in us and to us. No matter what is needed or necessasary, he is the supply in us.

As it says, "let the weak say I am strong, let the poor say I am rich". The life that Jesus is now living is ours. The glorified, exalted, life of the Lord of Lords. Doesn't scripture bear this testimony? Yes, Paul spoke; Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Great post Pete!

GBYAY

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

He is all that and more...enjoyed your post.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Hi Pete! Thought I'd blog by for a visit since I've been out of the loop for awhile. Thanks for some really encouraging thoughts and scriptures. I needed that!

Blessings,
Vicki

11:06 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thanks brother & sisters, I though I would let the ones who are in difficulty be refreshed with the comfort of the fact that in our toubles the Lord is here.
Be Blessed,
Pete

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home