Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Deliever us from Fear

I havn't seen this but I hear it is accurate. A snake can kill a bird. It happens that if a bird lands on a branch of a bush. And a snake see's it he slithers over to where the bird is purched. Then when the bird see's the snakes eyes staring at him, the bird is accually paralyzed with fear, until he falls to his death as a prey to the snake.

This a how the devil works. Jesus has defeated him. Yet the church world is full of fear. He has no power just threats. The Lord said we would have tribulation, but to be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. I would paraphrase it this way; there will be those who will come against you, but I will scatter them, and you will continue in my joy and victory. Again, you will eat of my table in the presence of you enemies, and goodness and mercy will be your portion.

In our beginning of life we were slave to the fear of death. Now we are free in the eternal life of God. Give no place to fear, it will paralyze your life. God wants us to grow in confidence of His delievering and keeping power. To be far from fear, trusting in the goodness and mercy of God. Fear was the result of sin in Adam who hid from the presence of God. Jesus has removed that fear, and we now have fellowship with the Father.

So let us keep our eyes on Jesus. The world will be in dispare, and confusion, and fear, but we have the victory in Christ. Even our faith. Force yourself to live free from fear. The violent take it by force. Jesus asked, "will I find faith when I return?" He will if we refuse to fear. Faith and fear are like magnets, they have attracting power. Job said, "what I feared came upon me". And Jesus said, "according to your faith be it unto you."

See that your faith is not turned to fear. Such was the faith of Peter when walking on the water. He took his eyes off the word to "come", and seeing the waves and the storm began to sink. Determine to walk by the word, and refuse to look around, and finish your course with JOY!

3 Comments:

Blogger Callmeteem said...

Amen! brother. Fear is crippling, joy stealing, power killing.
May the perfect love of Jesus set us free.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Amen Pete! I am still struggling with this one. If you have a fear in an area, it is crippling. I know. But the Lord is still working on me. :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Callmeteem, that's the answer, to walk in the love of God.

Karen, we all struggle in many areas, that's why we are to fellowship with a body, to share our victorys one with another, and build up the body.

Be Blessed,
Pete

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home