Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Is it My Turn

I went to a ministers meeting a few years ago, while going the Lord spoke to me a teaching to give at the service. Now I didn't ask for it, I wasn't looking for a pulpit. I was simply a member of this body, and was going for the fellowship. The vice-president was the speaker. He's a Godly man, of authority in an organization of penecostal churchs and ministers.

The "gift of prophesy" was manifest during his sermon. He spoke of something that he was unaware of and had no knowledge of in the natural. Speaking of something yet to come. Which did happen. When I asked him about it months later, he replied, "I never said any of that or know anything about it." In other words, he spoke and was not aware of what he said. The statement was quite extensive and referred to other places. In whole it would fill a paragraph. And yet, he didn't know he said any of it!

His sermon lasted over three hours. Finally, he gave a call to the altar for any with needs. And he open the floor for anyone who had a witness. I then told the congregation what the Lord had spoken to me, it took two or three minutes. After that he was going to pray for the people at the alter, but all the people had there answer, and there weren't any who now needed prayer. They all already had their answer. Why, because of the anointing of the Spirit on that word.

So here are leaders of the church. Doing the will of God. And yet, to receive from the Lord the word in season that he had for them, I had to wait over three hours! Now I've been in services where the Lord starts moving and no one leaves. As a matter of fact, time seems to stand still, and hours mean nothing. At these meeting with the Lord, there is no preaching, but a lot of prophesy of the Glory of the Lord. And songs of the wonders of the Fathers love. With great awareness of the Lord's presence, and love, and power.

This brings me to my focus. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God". This means the church assembly as well as the indivual. Paul in his letter spoke of the corporate body, each with a teaching, prophesy, song, or revelation. To be led by the Spirit and to do all orderly. It is clear to me that these are seeking God. Or how can we account for these things? It is presumption to speak for God, if God has not said. Even if it is the word of God, in that case there is not an anointing, or the authority of the Spirit.

I understand not all services are the same. The Sunday morning may be for the proclaiming of the Gospel to the unsaved. But there needs to be services that minister "to the Lord". To draw closer to him, to seek him, to follow his plans and purpose for that body. A service as Paul said where all are used of the Lord, and all may be encouraged. A time for growth of the members, and exercise of the spiritual gifts in the body. For revelations of the Spirit. And wisdom to know the time and season of God.

To know the Lord, this is the greatest need! To see him as he is, to see his glory. This was the prayer of Jesus. The prophets saw Him, and were overwhelmed for days. John saw Him, and fell as dead. The Israel nation saw his cloud, and the noise was heard for miles. The apostles saw his fire and were heard in the streets. I know of others who saw Him and evangelized the nations. Saul saw his light, and became Paul who "turned the world upside down". We also can see Him. And this is the goal in the mind of God. That we may know Him, not about Him, but to see Him as he is in His Glory. To astonish the world with His word, and His presence. So here is the verdict; God says now it is my turn, "I will come myself and the church will see my glory."

8 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Amen Pete! Be Blessed!

11:07 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thank you Karen, I know this is the heart of God's people.

Phil, the best is yet to come.

Be Blessed,

Pete

11:15 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Pete, you reminded me how much I want to know Him, not just know ABOUT Him. May the Lord be glorified in our lives. Amen, brother!

11:41 PM  
Blogger John said...

Another good one Pete!

GBYAY

7:33 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Vicki, thank you, and nice to hear from you again, and to see your posting.
John, thanks again, just tring to keep up with you.

Be Blessed,
pete

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your post. We were created to worship Him, for His pleasure!!! We all need to spend more time seeking our Lord's face.

Blessings,

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

Insightful post Pete. God works in so many different ways - thank goodness for that.

5:37 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Paula, thanks for blogging by, and for the encouragement.

Jeannie, nice to hear from you again. God is way to great for us to figure out.

Be Blessed,
Pete

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home