Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Majoring on Minors

The majority of preaching that I here and see in our pulpits has forced me to write this as a protest. I ask you, when you leave church, do you feel more loved and accepted? Do you leave knowing that God is pleased with you? Has your confidence in your relationship with the Father filled your heart with joy? Are you more aware of the love of the Father? Do you leave knowing that the goodness and mercy of God will follow you? From the form of preaching I hear, I would say not.

I sometimes wonder if the preachers really know God. Not do they know about him, but have fellowship with him. I would hope so, but my Lord doesn't treat me like they preach. Is preaching something foreign to life? Or is it supposed to deal with life? With the reality of God with us, and in us, and for us. I for one think it should.

The vast amount of preaching deals with sin. By this the people can be subdued, and contained. Because no one is perfect, just ask your preacher, then your put in you place. To sit, to hear, to pay, to obey. To drive the bus, and whatever-else the church needs from you. After all you are committed to the church, aren't YOU? This is using the Holiness of God. Yes, God is Holy, and perfect.

God uses three words to describe Himself, light, life, and love. God is love. This is His nature, love. Not Holy. Although he is holy. Love is of God, it is God. Love is acceptance, and joy, and fellowship, encouragement. Preachers have majored on a minor, and ignored the very essence of God, love. We have been begot by the will of God. Not so he can whip us into shape. But so we can love him back. So we can share in his goodness, and walk with him in our life.

If you went to a relatives house and all they did was point out your faults, you would not look forward to returning. You may never darken their door again. How WRONG this is for the house that bears the name of the Lord! We are accepted in Jesus, and you preacher had better learn that and get over it. We are all made to stand by the same grace. And loved period.

I can hear the arguments, these things are necessary. Okay, then listen to my argument. Remember the joy and love you had at your salvation, when you accepted Jesus as Lord? What happened to that. I'll tell you what happened, it got preached out of you. You hear you weren't good enough. You hear you didn't know enough. You hear you had a lot of growing up to do. A lot of cleaning up and straightening up, and endless other things that God was holding against you, repent!

Hog-wash. The joy of your salavation was just the beginning, the sweet fellowship of belonging to God was just the tip of the iceberg. The whole of the mountain of God is yours to climb. And God wants that joy and fellowship to be that mountain, to be enlarged, to know him better, to contain the fullness of joy. To be sweeter and sweeter day by day. To grow closer hour by hour. To know him personally in ever increasing ways. This is the job of the preacher. To encourage the people into deeper walks with their Lord. To encourage the people to grow in trust in the love of their Father. To be the example of an intimate relationship with the Lord. So if you don't know him, seek him, and if you do, then tell the truth about His LOVE!

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Another great post Pete! Keep up the good work!

GBYAY

4:15 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thanks Brother John, I can't help but talk of the love of God.
Be Blessed,
Pete

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

Pete, you know I can honestly say I love my church - I leave there feeling loved, refreshed and challenged.

When we holiday and visit other churches I feel like an alien - like I'm entering another zone

I love the fact that our church teaches us to love people, to reach out to the community, care for those in need and share the gospel with others - for this I'm truly blessed.

I know for a fact that our Pastors are Godly and have an intimate relationship with Jesus...

5:51 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Dan, I am glad others preach a better Gospel. Also called the "Good News", at what point does goodness not make people happy? Aren't these all from God? My point is simply at conversion the intimate fellowship is the goal and purpose of God's will, and that is what needs to grow. Any thing that hinders that, even preaching, or study, or good works is secondary to that relationship.

Jeannie, I also have a great respect for the man of God. But I think we can all draw closer to God. I will have to post on this, I think we are all to content with our little vision of God.

Phil, we are close in opinion, that there is much to realize, and to fulfill, yet to be seen and done.

Blessings to you all, in Christ.
Pete

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home