Bryans Nonsense

..people have problems; God has solutions.

Name:
Location: Detroit, Michigan, United States

Love my country, my family, my friends, and above all the Lord Jesus. I was raised in the Northest, and have also lived in California; Florida; and Texas; as an evangelist and pastor. I have traveled a lot, and have made a lot of friends, and been of some help to a few people, for which I am grateful.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Tug on Superman's Cape

While I admit there is no superman, the concept of "tugging on His (Jesus) cape" is very valid. One time in Texas I was in need of a "word in season" from the Lord. There were a lot of confusing issues I had to face, and naturally I was clueless. So I went to a church that believed in the prophetic gifts. Now this is how amazing the Lord is, they were being taught how to flow in the spirit. And the topic for the night was prophesy.

I was the only one who was unknown to this body. So they asked if I could be the target of the words of the Spirit. So instead of getting one word from the Lord, I got a word from everyone! They were all wrote down and prayerfully done. Then there was a couple who were traveling ministers that had a prophetic gift, with song. As they were singing I started to ernestly seek God, to draw on Him. How? Desire, with faith, that He would use this couple to bless this body. By "pulling" on the anointing that was operating.

The couple started to speak great mystery's of the fullness of the plans of God. Their words were like fire in my belly. I mean a burning, and energizing, and alive with fire. They spoke and I continued to draw on God's anointing, it went on for some time, perhaps twenty minutes. I was on fire inside, a great swelling, life giving, energizing flow of the power of God, in my belly. I can't tell you want they said, it was all to wonderful for my mind to grasp, but my spirit understood!

Jesus said, "where two or three are gathered in my name, I am in their midst". If we will take this truth and apply it, one person can "tug on Jesus cape (the anointing)" and he can bring the manifest presence of God on the scene. I know it works. I have a lady friend in Texas who draws on God in meetings with a cute little squeal. God hears her squeal and comes in to bless her, she can draw Him in the dryest places. If you and another will team up and desire God, and pull on His anointing in your services, you will be blessed, and amazed, and filled with the fire and presence of the Lord. And your church will say "we don't know what happened, but the Lord was here".

9 Comments:

Blogger Cosmic said...

What does it mean to 'flow in the Spirit'? Just curious...

Cosmic

8:40 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Cosmic,
Thanks for the comment. The Spirit of the Lord is the power of God. As Jesus said the anointing has several functions, or catagories. To preach, heal, mend, deliverance, and so on, all the ministry's of God's work. To flow is a way of saying, to seek and wait for the Lord's direction. The Lord uses us to do his work, by waiting until we know the Lord's direction we can work with him, instead of running off in our own understanding. Waiting is prayer with expectation, and faith, that the Lord will direct. As Jesus said, "what I hear the Father say I say, and what I see the Father doing I do". God is always to lead us, and he is faithful to do it. Cosmic, remember the other day when your sad turned to glad, that is flowing with the Spirit. Our awareness of the Lord.
Be Blessed

Phil,
You are so right. We need teaching on being sensitive to the Lord.
Be Blessed

Pete

6:55 PM  
Blogger John said...

Another great post Pete! It's the annointing that breaks the yoke!

GBYAY

8:33 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Great post Pete it is so wonderful to walk in the annointing of god, I pray the fire will continue to burn in your belly.

7:16 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Brother John, thank you and nice to hear from you again. There are a lot of wonderful people of God, it is a joy to be an encouragement to any of them.
Be Blessed,

Jean, thank you, I covet the fire and presence of God. "A word in season to the weary". The best is yet to come.
Be Blessed,

Pete

10:12 AM  
Blogger IMO said...

I've had experiences like that and it is those situations that He shows ups. Sometimes I don't understand what we were thinking when we (man) turned "church" into something other than what you described. That is what church was in the beginning and what it will be again in the end with everyone participating to bring the Word of The Lord!!! Thanks Pete!

11:09 AM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Teresa,
Nice to hear from you again. I'm glad you have had experiences with the Lord, maybe you could post on them sometime, I'd love to hear them. Or if you have then leave directions to them. I know there is nothing greater than being touched by the Lord.
Be Blessed,
Pete

7:09 PM  
Blogger Cosmic said...

Pete,
Thanks for answering my question. I'm sorry for being such a pest.

Cosmic

10:26 PM  
Blogger pete porter said...

Thank you Meg, I pastored a church a few years ago, and for a season of 6 months there was no teaching or preaching. Only worship, and praise, and seeking the face of God. Those were blessed times, and the Lord provided for all the needs of the people. They grew in the knowledge of the love and care of the Father. Much more than any one could teach.
Be Blessed,
Pete

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home